Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Songs for sobbing.

Warm breezes and the sweet fragrance of hyacinth fill my kitchen with the hypnotic-ness of summer. We drove around with the sun roof off this week. Gardened until our hearts were content. Had friends over for BBQ. I really have nothing to complain about. Especially considering my surroundings and what a local woman is going through; mourning the tragic loss of her husband in front of a nation.

And yet it creeps in. That hauntingly familiar can't-put-my-finger-on-it sadness.

I'm at least relieved that in this generation of social media, I can find a playlist for any kind of mood I so see fit. Sad, cocky, angst, rowdy, seductive. (Thanks, Songza!)

Tonight, it's Songs for Sobbing.

So what? Sometimes you just need a good cry. Sometimes you need the cathartic feeling of being so down, even if it's about nothing at all, to get it all out. To emote. To feel alive.

There's a lot to be sad about. The world is a messed up place. People are disappointing. Shit goes bad daily. You question God. You question your surroundings. You question yourself.

And yet, here we are. Trudging along with each other, side by side, trying to make sense of it all. 

I relish in this time. Because it makes me create. Forces me to dig deep and understand what is affecting me and allows me to appreciate the sweet when I have tasted the oh so sour.

So if you're feeling, really feel. Allow it to consume you so you can learn, grow and be reminded that you're human. In the fucked up world that seems anything but.

xo







No comments:

Post a Comment