Thursday, March 14, 2013

Go your own way.

After the week I've had, I received this gorgeous package from my dear friend and photography mentor/idol Natalie Spencer. She knows I've been oodling (is that a word?) over her photos for years now and I adore everything she's done, from a simple photo of cut prosciutto to her whimsical selfies. She inspires me, and we have been there, albeit through distance through each other's life struggles and strifes. We first "met" in real life last fall when a dream of mine was fulfilled to photograph her Ottawa maternity session, after years of chatting online. She's the reason I figured out my dream job.

Since then, we've continued to correspond daily and I get pure joy seeing her miracle baby Ellia grow up before the world's eyes, daily. 

Almost as frequent, I have bouts of self doubt, negativity and worth about my work. This package came just in the nick of time. I will forever be reminded to go my own way.

Sometimes, love and kindness come exactly when you need it the most.

Simply Nat,

Thank you.

Love you always.

xo
p.s. The pencil & fork are the custom logo Nat designed for Mike's blog. This family's talents just continue to astonish me. 



















1 comment:

  1. Aww this post is making me teary-eyed again!! Damn you! ;) You're so welcome, you deserve it all. Seriously, you are a wonderful person and I was so happy to do it for you! Love You!! xo Nat

    ReplyDelete