Friday, July 20, 2012

Be nomadic.


I stopped to ask where the washroom was and then I walked away. Something stopped me in my tracks. I turned to Michael and said...why does that woman look so familiar? In an unusual fashion, my feet turned around and started walking themselves back over to her. She must have thought I was crazy, she just told me where the washrooms were.

I looked at her. Do I know you? She scanned my face with intense scrutiny. Wendy? she asked aloud.
She worked at a resort where we were married and later we would find out was the manager of photography services...her boyfriend at the time was the one who got me inspired by photography and he took our wedding photos!

I asked her how she remembered my name. We were in a totally different resort years later. She said that she follows my photography and never forgot our wedding.

Ruse (pronounced Russ-ay) is an inspiring woman. She is edgy, covered in tattoos and piercings although you would never know it in her uniform. She has her MBA and is working in a prestigious part of the hotel chain, travelling from country to country. She let us know if we needed anything to ask her bellboy to take us and he surely would. We returned to our room one day to find a lovely fruit basket and a note.

She is single, inspiring and loves life. I had to share her post yesterday. It was pure magic with words.

Ruse, I am so thankful we met. Wherever you are in the world next, I am certain we will meet again.

Love,

Wendy

Don't settle down and sit in one place. Move around, be nomadic, make each day a new horizon. You are going to live a long time, it would be a shame if you did not take the opportunity to revolutionize your life and move into an entirely new realm of experience. You are wrong if you think Joy emanates only or principally from human relationships. God has placed it all around us. It is in everything and anything we might experience. We just have to have the courage to turn against our habitual lifestyle and engage in unconventional living. ~ Ruse






1 comment:

  1. Dear Wendy,
    While reading your words, surrounded by a world full of people, questions, dreams, colors, voyages, books, wishing wells, experiences and delights, I found myself being touched and moved as little times before…
    Thank you so much for reminding me who I am, for inspiring me to be a better woman and to keep fighting to achieve my dreams…
    I am lucky to have a soul like yours, walk the Path of Life beside me…
    Thank you, for all the love and magic that comes with your being.
    I <3 you.

    ReplyDelete