Monday, May 28, 2012

Jen & Casey......simply meant to be.



They say there is always a first for everything. Jen was that example when she contacted me. She explained that she was not yet engaged but wanted to book me and that her fiance would just have to understand. I love a girl who knows what she wants and does not waste time doing such! We are shooting her sister's wedding in a few weeks and I could not be happier to have been introduced to these two amazing couples. When I finally meet Jen and Lesley's mom, I really would like to tell her what an absolutely incredible job she did raising two of the most beautiful and kind women I have ever had the privilege of meeting, never mind documenting the most important day of their lives.

Jen met Casey through her sister's fiance Matt. They are both chiropractors and Jen and Les both work in the cancer clinic. When I saw them walking across Sunnyside bridge yesterday hand in hand, I smiled at Michael and quickly let him know we were in for a great day. The weather was insane! Overcast and warm one minute, windy and cool the next, sunny and then raindrops the very next. Jen and Casey were a dream to work with.

The way he looks at her is with such adoration and the way she looks at him is how it is supposed to be when you are in love. Every time I was thinking of where to position them, they had magically intertwined in a way that was perfect to photograph; not overstaged, not posed, but just two people....in love.

Jen and Casey lived in the heart of the city for several years so they wanted some photos in the Distillery district. They thought of everything, including wine and four wine glasses for us to all share. As we took a wee break and toasted to their upcoming marriage, I stopped for a moment and breathed it all in. The unusual warm May air. The gorgeous moody lighting. This amazing couple who so generously shared their story with us. And I rendered myself truly blessed.

Their first date was at Mill Street Pub so as the sun dipped below the horizon, we all went in and shared some dinner and lager, and toasted to the upcoming festivities.

Jen and Casey, it is an unbelievable honour to have been chosen to capture this exciting time in your lives. May you always be as happy and in love as you are now. We shall see you in a few weeks!

Love,

Wendy

xo

























No comments:

Post a Comment